- To promote and defend the moral basis for free markets, the rule of law and Australian constitutional democracy.
- To promote discussion about Australia’s defence and security needs – particularly in relation to the navy.
- To honour the contribution made by Bert Kelly to Australian political and public life.
- The rule of law as the foundation for free markets, in goods, services and the labour market.
- The role of government in damaging the economic structure of the nation through intrusive regulation of economic life.
- The erosion of the Australian Constitution by centralist federal governments.
- The growth of government through the increase of the tax burden, and the mindless borrowing of billions of dollars to fund white elephants.
- Australia’s Defence Strategy: Self Reliance or Co-dependence?
- Defence procurement – addressing the waste and mismanagement.